Sustainable quality management
Classical Quality Assurance focuses only on what a company has to realize to reach product specifications defined by technical standards, legal requirements and customer expectations. By that quality is defined only in a formal and narrow perspective. Discussions will review perspectives beyond this course.
- Expectations, Challenges and Benefits of Sustainable Quality management System
- Meaning of sustainable quality to a company's business
- Company responsibilities as producer and service provider
- Instruments and tools of product- and service quality improvement
- "Corporate Social Responsibility" in the framework of company operational practice
- Advantages and disadvantages of quality instrument- and tool implementation with company examples: Quality Function Deployment, Design of Experiments, Six Sigma, FMEA, FTA, Poka Yoke or Brainstorming
- Elements and structure of a Sustainable Quality Management System
- Integration of Risk- and Knowledge Management
- Requirements of an efficient and effective management
Course administrator - Dr. T. Jakubík - SZE
Instructor - Dr. A. Hardtke - Dr. Hardtke Unternehmensberatung GmbH.